More From James Anthony Froude
- "Wild animals never kill for sport. Man is the only one to whom the torture and death of his fellow creatures is amusing in itself."
- "To deny the freedom of the will is to make morality impossible."
- "Science rests on reason and experiment, and can meet an opponent with calmness; but a belief is always sensitive."
More In Positive
- "I had never had a positive leading character – somebody that wasn’t an antihero, or who wasn’t more of a guy that you’re supposed to be on the side of."― Gus Van Sant
- "It demonstrates to his simple mind in the most positive manner that we have no prejudice against him on account of his race, and that while he behaves himself he will be treated the same as a white man."― George Crook
- "I think we all suffer from guilt at some point in our lives, but for the most part I never really regret, and I try to always remain positive. Yes, I think that those issues are very interesting to play in a character, and they’re prominent issues in life, and I think people can relate to them."― Channing Tatum