More From James A. Baldwin
- "People are trapped in history and history is trapped in them."
- "To be sensual, I think, is to respect and rejoice in the force of life, of life itself, and to be present in all that one does, from the effort of loving to the making of bread."
- "No one can possibly know what is about to happen: it is happening, each time, for the first time, for the only time."
More In Love
- "Honesty does not always bring a response of love, but it is absolutely essential to it."― Ray Blanton
- "Metaphors are dangerous. Love begins with a metaphor. Which is to say, love begins at the point when a woman enters her first word into our poetic memory."― Milan Kundera
- "Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world."― Lucille Ball