More From James A. Baldwin
- "Education is indoctrination if you’re white – subjugation if you’re black."
- "If the relationship of father to son could really be reduced to biology, the whole earth would blaze with the glory of fathers and sons."
- "Pessimists are the people who have no hope for themselves or for others. Pessimists are also people who think the human race is beneath their notice, that they’re better than other human beings."
More In Love
- "Accept that all of us can be hurt, that all of us can and surely will at times fail. Other vulnerabilities, like being embarrassed or risking love, can be terrifying, too. I think we should follow a simple rule: if we can take the worst, take the risk."― Joyce Brothers
- "Fantasy love is much better than reality love. Never doing it is very exciting. The most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet."― Andy Warhol
- "More than kisses, letters mingle souls."― John Donne