More From James A. Baldwin
- "To be sensual, I think, is to respect and rejoice in the force of life, of life itself, and to be present in all that one does, from the effort of loving to the making of bread."
- "American history is longer, larger, more various, more beautiful, and more terrible than anything anyone has ever said about it."
- "I am what time, circumstance, history, have made of me, certainly, but I am also, much more than that. So are we all."
More In Love
- "A lot of times black folks look for love in all the wrong places. You’re always looking for somebody to love you, be accepted, and there’s the insecurities that are even transmitted through rap. Everyone is trying to aim to please too much."― Chuck D.
- "Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another."― H. L. Mencken
- "Man’s nature is not essentially evil. Brute nature has been know to yield to the influence of love. You must never despair of human nature."― Mahatma Gandhi