More From Jacques Pepin
- "I taped my first series for PBS in 1982 at WJCT-TV in Jacksonville, Florida. The show, called ‘Everyday Cooking with Jacques Pepin,’ was about saving time and money in the kitchen – and it was a celebration of simple and unpretentious food."
- "When I left to go into apprenticeship in 1949, it was only four years after the war, and people don’t realize, we still had tickets for butter, meat and so forth in France until 1947. It’s not like the end of the war, everything was plentiful – it wasn’t."
- "I say: If you don’t know how to cook, I’m sure you have at least one friend who knows how to cook. Well, call that friend and say, ‘Can I come next time and can I bring some food and can I come an hour or two hours ahead and watch you and help you?’"
More In Food
- "I don’t know what singers feel like when they make a song and people clap along and love it, but when people walk up to me and say the food was outstanding, that’s what it is all about. I cook because I like to make people happy."― Guy Fieri
- "I do not need the idea of God to explain the world I live in."― Salman Rushdie
- "We should all grow our own food and do our own waste processing, we really should."― Bill Gates