More From Jacques Pepin
- "When I pair food and wine, I start with the food. If I have a beautiful roasted bird, I might choose a Cabernet or Pinot Noir, or maybe a Syrah, depending on the sauce and what is in my cellar."
- "When I wrote ‘Fast Food My Way’ in 2004, I hoped that my friends would prepare my recipes. Now, more people cook from that book than any other I’ve written in the past 30 years."
- "You can’t escape the taste of the food you had as a child. In times of stress, what do you dream about? Your mother’s clam chowder. It’s security, comfort. It brings you home."
More In War
- "The real theater of the sex war is the domestic hearth."― Germaine Greer
- "More than 55,000 men from Bomber Command lost their lives, of whom 38,000 were British. That’s one in 10 of all the British servicemen lost in the Second World War. It beggars belief that there has not been some recognition for what they gave until now."― Carol Vorderman
- "From the beginning, there have been some religious leaders who greeted the funding of faith-based social services by government with ambivalence."― Tony Campolo