More From Jacob Bronowski
- "You will die but the carbon will not; its career does not end with you. It will return to the soil, and there a plant may take it up again in time, sending it once more on a cycle of plant and animal life."
- "We are all afraid for our confidence, for the future, for the world. That is the nature of the human imagination. Yet every man, every civilization, has gone forward because of its engagement with what it has set itself to do."
- "No science is immune to the infection of politics and the corruption of power."
More In Science
- "Science is a first-rate piece of furniture for a man’s upper chamber, if he has common sense on the ground floor."― Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "Medicine is a science of uncertainty and an art of probability."― William Osler
- "From all this it follows what the general character of the problem of the development of a body of scientific knowledge is, in so far as it depends on elements internal to science itself."― Talcott Parsons