More From Jack Kilby
- "I think I thought it would be important for electronics as we knew it then, but that was a much simpler business and electronics was mostly radio and television and the first computers."
- "Well, the big products in electronics in the ’50s were radio and television. The first big computers were just beginning to come in and represented the most logical market for us to work in."
- "Well, it’s very dangerous to project, but it’s clear that the existing technology has some more years to go."
More In Technology
- "Every time new technology is introduced, especially involving reproduction, you get the ‘yuck’ effect."― Brigitte Boisselier
- "You can have the best technology in the world, but if you don’t have a community who wants to use it and who are excited about it, then it has no purpose."― Chris Hughes
- "I used to think that cyberspace was fifty years away. What I thought was fifty years away, was only ten years away. And what I thought was ten years away… it was already here. I just wasn’t aware of it yet."― Bruce Sterling