More From Jack Kilby
- "I think I thought it would be important for electronics as we knew it then, but that was a much simpler business and electronics was mostly radio and television and the first computers."
- "Well, the big products in electronics in the ’50s were radio and television. The first big computers were just beginning to come in and represented the most logical market for us to work in."
- "Well, it’s very dangerous to project, but it’s clear that the existing technology has some more years to go."
More In Technology
- "So, I see technology as a Trojan Horse: It looks like a wonderful thing, but they are going to regret introducing it into the schools because it simply can’t be controlled."― Daniel Greenberg
- "Instead of the international police action we had hoped for during the war in Kosovo, there are wars again – conducted with state-of-the-art technology, but still in the old style."― Jurgen Habermas
- "New ideas in technology are literally a dime-a-dozen, or cheaper than that."― Dean Kamen