More From Jack Kilby
- "Well, the big products in electronics in the ’50s were radio and television. The first big computers were just beginning to come in and represented the most logical market for us to work in."
- "I think I thought it would be important for electronics as we knew it then, but that was a much simpler business and electronics was mostly radio and television and the first computers."
- "Well, it’s very dangerous to project, but it’s clear that the existing technology has some more years to go."
More In Technology
- "With millions of family wage manufacturing jobs lost since 2001, we need an energy bill that takes bold action to tap into American ingenuity in order to lead the world in new clean energy technology, rather than playing catch-up to the Japanese, Danish, and Germans."― Jay Inslee
- "But I don’t think we’ll go there until we go back to the moon and develop a technology base for living and working and transporting ourselves through space."― Jack Schmitt
- "With all the technology we’re inventing and what they’re coming up with scientifically, people are having longer lifetimes. It’s scary, but in the same sense it’s also very exciting."― Brittany Murphy