More From J. C. Watts
- "I’m looking forward to the day when America will mature to the point that we are a color-blind society. I’m not so sure that in politics that will ever be reality, because politics has a way of separating us based on skin color."
- "We need to remember that politics is all about people, not programs. We shouldn’t want to take the humanness out of the political arena."
- "In my wildest imagination, I never thought that the fifth of six children born to Helen and Buddy Watts – in a poor black neighborhood, in the poor rural community of Eufaula, Oklahoma – would someday be called Congressman."
More In Politics
- "Robert Kennedy was such an inspiring figure. His interest in politics seemed to come not from a desire for power, but from a need to help our society live up to its ideals."― Elisabeth Shue
- "We all have to announce our full solidarity with the struggle of those seeking freedom and justice in Syria, and translate this sympathy into a clear political vision that supports a peaceful transition to a democratic system of rule that reflects the demands of the Syrian people for freedom."― Mohammed Morsi
- "My company is in the business of content, delivering content, so whether you see it or taste it or hear it or smell it, that’s what I do every day."― Ryan Seacrest