More From J. C. Watts
- "The establishment wonders why we can’t get more of the black vote. It’s because it’s not doing the things necessary to establish a deeper relationship with the black community. Most black people don’t think alike. Most black people just vote alike."
- "Republicans and Democrats have used accounting gimmicks and competing government analyses to deceive the public into believing that 2 + 2 = 6. If our leaders cannot agree on the numbers, if ‘facts’ are fictional, how can they possibly have a substantive debate on solutions?"
- "I have often said one of the reasons more blacks don’t support Republicans is because they don’t trust the GOP establishment."
More In Politics
- "We’ve switched from a culture that was interested in manufacturing, economics, politics – trying to play a serious part in the world – to a culture that’s really entertainment-based."― Stephen King
- "I was in the room with, you know, more than a dozen Republicans trying to negotiate the stimulus. Most of them decided the politics of the situation meant they should walk away, even if it wasn’t responsible in terms of what our country needed right then."― Claire McCaskill
- "Suppressed grief suffocates, it rages within the breast, and is forced to multiply its strength."― Ovid