More From Ivor Novello
- "It has been argued that British girls are incapable of deep feeling or brilliant acting owing to their lack of temperament. This, I am positive, is not true."
- "I began my career with infantile dreams of becoming a composer."
- "A visit to a cinema is a little outing in itself. It breaks the monotony of an afternoon or evening; it gives a change from the surroundings of home, however pleasant."
More In Sympathy
- "The professional must learn to be moved and touched emotionally, yet at the same time stand back objectively: I’ve seen a lot of damage done by tea and sympathy."― Anthony Storr
- "A crowd always thinks with its sympathy, never with its reason."― William R. Alger
- "Hemingway seems to be in a funny position. People nowadays can’t identify with him closely as a member of their own generation, and he isn’t yet historical."― Leslie Fiedler