More From Ivan Lendl
- "People may say I developed an iron will, but what really happened is that I made myself much fitter. I think an iron will is always supported by fitness."
- "If you go to school and practice for five days a week, it still gives you two days you can go and see your friends, you can go to the movies, you do whatever you like to do."
- "I just travel all the time. And I was just looking at the schedules now and starting the first week of October I will be every weekend with somebody at tournaments through Christmas. So it gets very difficult to just go away and not do that."
More In Sports
- "Women’s sports is still in its infancy. The beginning of women’s sports in the United States started in 1972, with the passage of Title 9 for girls to finally get athletic scholarships."― Billie Jean King
- "When you walk out of your house in the morning, you don’t know what you’re going to see."― Kyle Chandler
- "That’s the difference between golf and many other sports. You go to some other sporting events, they just leave you or give you the cold shoulder and move on."― Bernhard Langer