More From Isabel Allende
- "I am an American citizen and it is my home now. I like the U.S.A., which is not a place too many people have liked since Bush. The U.S. has a young population, and everything can change within a year."
- "What I fear most is power with impunity. I fear abuse of power, and the power to abuse."
- "I can promise you that women working together – linked, informed and educated – can bring peace and prosperity to this forsaken planet."
More In Experience
- "Memory is not an instrument for exploring the past but its theatre. It is the medium of past experience, as the ground is the medium in which dead cities lie interred."― Walter Benjamin
- "In many ways, it was much, much harder to get the first book contract. The hardest thing probably overall has been learning not to trust people, publicists and so forth, implicitly."― Neil Gaiman
- "I think each movie-making process is a very exhausting and satisfying and fulfilling experience for me."― Ang Lee