More From Isabel Allende
- "I’m aware of the mystery around us, so I write about coincidences, premonitions, emotions, dreams, the power of nature, magic."
- "I was born in ancient times, at the end of the world, in a patriarchal Catholic and conservative family. No wonder that by age five I was a raging feminist – although the term had not reached Chile yet, so nobody knew what the heck was wrong with me."
- "In times of conflict, war, poverty or religious fundamentalism, women and children are the first and most numerous victims. Women need all their courage today."
More In Experience
- "The questions which one asks oneself begin, at least, to illuminate the world, and become one’s key to the experience of others."― James A. Baldwin
- "Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it."― Laurence J. Peter
- "You might say that when you step inside, you’re entering a honorific space, but that’s something totally different than experiencing it. And in architecture the experience comes first. That has the deepest effect on us."― Thom Mayne