More From Isabel Allende
- "For real change, we need feminine energy in the management of the world. We need a critical number of women in positions of power, and we need to nurture the feminine energy in men."
- "All stories interest me, and some haunt me until I end up writing them. Certain themes keep coming up: justice, loyalty, violence, death, political and social issues, freedom."
- "I am an American citizen and it is my home now. I like the U.S.A., which is not a place too many people have liked since Bush. The U.S. has a young population, and everything can change within a year."
More In Experience
- "When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war."― Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "Before this learning experience, I had assumed that with regard to programs that sought to help people out of poverty, the political world was essentially divided into two camps: conservatives who opposed these for a variety of reasons, and liberals who supported them."― Barney Frank
- "If you’re feeling insecure and you need to feel special, the best place to go is somewhere foreign where people treat you as special because you’re different."― Kristin Scott Thomas