More From Isabel Allende
- "If this world is going to be a better place for our grandchildren and great-grandchildren, it will be women who make it so."
- "All stories interest me, and some haunt me until I end up writing them. Certain themes keep coming up: justice, loyalty, violence, death, political and social issues, freedom."
- "For real change, we need feminine energy in the management of the world. We need a critical number of women in positions of power, and we need to nurture the feminine energy in men."
More In Freedom
- "We hear the stories every day now: the father who puts on a suit every morning and leaves the house so his daughter doesn’t know he lost his job, the recent college grad facing up to the painful reality that the only door that’s open to her after four years of study and a pile of debt is her parents’. These are the faces of the Obama economy."― Mitch McConnell
- "Freedom does not come without a price. We may sometimes take for granted the many liberties we enjoy in America, but they have all been earned through the ultimate sacrifice paid by so many of the members of our armed forces."― Charlie Dent
- "But if you can create an honorable livelihood, where you take your skills and use them and you earn a living from it, it gives you a sense of freedom and allows you to balance your life the way you want."― Anita Roddick