More From Iris Murdoch
- "Happiness is a matter of one’s most ordinary and everyday mode of consciousness being busy and lively and unconcerned with self."
- "In almost every marriage there is a selfish and an unselfish partner. A pattern is set up and soon becomes inflexible, of one person always making the demands and one person always giving way."
- "The cry of equality pulls everyone down."
More In Nature
- "When we think of the major threats to our national security, the first to come to mind are nuclear proliferation, rogue states and global terrorism. But another kind of threat lurks beyond our shores, one from nature, not humans – an avian flu pandemic."― Barack Obama
- "I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars."― Walt Whitman
- "Today the demands are for even higher standards in the quality of care, for greater flexibility and convenience in treatment times, and for more prevention through screening and health checks."― Lucy Powell