More From Iris Murdoch
- "The cry of equality pulls everyone down."
- "Falling out of love is chiefly a matter of forgetting how charming someone is."
- "The priesthood is a marriage. People often start by falling in love, and they go on for years without realizing that love must change into some other love which is so unlike it that it can hardly be recognized as love at all."
More In Nature
- "I think it’s a very firm part of human nature that if you surround yourself with like-minded people, you’ll end up thinking more extreme versions of what you thought before."― Cass Sunstein
- "You can hold yourself back from the sufferings of the world, that is something you are free to do and it accords with your nature, but perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could avoid."― Franz Kafka
- "Man is the unnatural animal, the rebel child of nature, and more and more does he turn himself against the harsh and fitful hand that reared him."― H. G. Wells