More From Igor Stravinsky
- "I haven’t understood a bar of music in my life, but I have felt it."
- "The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead."
- "Is it not by love alone that we succeed in penetrating to the very essence of being?"
More In Art
- "The greatest work of art about New York? The question seems nebulous. The city’s magic and majesty are distilled in the photographs of Alfred Stieglitz and Paul Strand."― Jerry Saltz
- "Art is not a thing; it is a way."― Elbert Hubbard
- "These days, newish art can be priced between $10,000 and $25,000. When I tell artists that a new painting by a newish artist should go for around $1,200, they look at me like I’m a flesh-eating virus."― Jerry Saltz