More From Igor Stravinsky
- "Conductors’ careers are made for the most part with ‘Romantic’ music. ‘Classic’ music eliminates the conductor; we do not remember him in it."
- "I have learned throughout my life as a composer chiefly through my mistakes and pursuits of false assumptions, not by my exposure to founts of wisdom and knowledge."
- "The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead."
More In Art
- "Film editing is now something almost everyone can do at a simple level and enjoy it, but to take it to a higher level requires the same dedication and persistence that any art form does."― Walter Murch
- "One of the things you’re doing when you make art, apart from entertaining yourself and other people, is trying to see what ways of working feel good, what feels right."― Brian Eno
- "Poor Georgia O’Keeffe. Death didn’t soften the opinions of the art world toward her paintings."― Jerry Saltz