More From Ian Hamilton Finlay
- "But I can only write what the muse allows me to write. I cannot choose, I can only do what I am given, and I feel pleased when I feel close to concrete poetry – still."
- "For me concrete poetry was a particular way of using language which came out of a particular feeling, and I don’t have control over whether this feeling is in me or not."
- "But at the beginning it was clear to me that concrete poetry was peculiarly suited for using in public settings. This was my idea, but of course I never really much got the chance to do it."
More In Poetry
- "Poetry is a mere drug, Sir."― George Farquhar
- "The first question at that time in poetry was simply the question of honesty, of sincerity."― George Oppen
- "So now I have a collection of poetry by Aaron Neville and I give it to people I want to share it with. I’d like to publish it someday."― Aaron Neville