More From Hubert H. Humphrey
- "Unfortunately, our affluent society has also been an effluent society."
- "If there is dissatisfaction with the status quo, good. If there is ferment, so much the better. If there is restlessness, I am pleased. Then let there be ideas, and hard thought, and hard work. If man feels small, let man make himself bigger."
- "I learnt more about politics during one South Dakota dust storm than in seven years at the university."
More In Friendship
- "Love is friendship set on fire."― Jeremy Taylor
- "So far as it depends on the course of this government, our relations of good will and friendship will be sedulously cultivated with all nations."― John Tyler
- "I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society."― Henry David Thoreau