More From Hubert H. Humphrey
- "We are in danger of making our cities places where business goes on but where life, in its real sense, is lost."
- "Leadership in today’s world requires far more than a large stock of gunboats and a hard fist at the conference table."
- "The impersonal hand of government can never replace the helping hand of a neighbor."
More In Friendship
- "I have long enjoyed the friendship and companionship of Republicans because I am by instinct a teacher, and I would like to teach them something."― Woodrow Wilson
- "Friendship with ones self is all important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world."― Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Friendship can only exist between persons with similar interests and points of view. Man and woman by the conventions of society are born with different interests and different points of view."― August Strindberg