More From Honore de Balzac
- "Ideas devour the ages as men are devoured by their passions. When man is cured, human nature will cure itself perhaps."
- "Laws are spider webs through which the big flies pass and the little ones get caught."
- "When women love us, they forgive us everything, even our crimes; when they do not love us, they give us credit for nothing, not even our virtues."
More In Happiness
- "A face is too slight a foundation for happiness."― Mary Wortley
- "Man falls from the pursuit of the ideal of plan living and high thinking the moment he wants to multiply his daily wants. Man’s happiness really lies in contentment."― Mahatma Gandhi
- "One of the things being in politics has taught me is that men are not a reasoned or reasonable sex."― Margaret Thatcher