More From Honore de Balzac
- "But reason always cuts a poor figure beside sentiment; the one being essentially restricted, like everything that is positive, while the other is infinite."
- "A young bride is like a plucked flower; but a guilty wife is like a flower that had been walked over."
- "All humanity is passion; without passion, religion, history, novels, art would be ineffectual."
More In Happiness
- "It is not only my laboratory and my place of work but also my home, so that on the 30th October I was able to share my happiness immediately with my students and collaborators and, at the same time, with my wife and family."― George Porter
- "Lucky that man whose children make his happiness in life and not his grief, the anguished disappointment of his hopes."― Euripedes
- "Happiness isn’t happiness unless there’s a violin-playing goat."― Julia Roberts