More From Honore de Balzac
- "It is easier to be a lover than a husband for the simple reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day than to say pretty things from time to time."
- "The fact is that love is of two kinds, one which commands, and one which obeys. The two are quite distinct, and the passion to which the one gives rise is not the passion of the other."
- "Marriage must incessantly contend with a monster that devours everything: familiarity."
More In Happiness
- "Since, therefore, no man is born without faults, and he is esteemed the best whose errors are the least, let the wise man consider everything human as connected with himself; for in worldly affairs there is no perfect happiness under heaven."― Giraldus Cambrensis
- "Getting pregnant wasn’t easy, and I found that devastating. I really beat myself up for waiting so long when I’d always wanted children and family had been the basis of my happiness my whole life."― Emily Procter
- "If you can measure success in this business based on happiness alone I feel like I’ve hit the lottery."― Justin Long