More From Honore de Balzac
- "What is art? Nature concentrated."
- "It is as absurd to say that a man can’t love one woman all the time as it is to say that a violinist needs several violins to play the same piece of music."
- "The fact is that love is of two kinds, one which commands, and one which obeys. The two are quite distinct, and the passion to which the one gives rise is not the passion of the other."
More In Society
- "Our society is not a community, but merely a collection of isolated family units."― Valerie Solanas
- "The law is an adroit mixture of customs that are beneficial to society, and could be followed even if no law existed, and others that are of advantage to a ruling minority, but harmful to the masses of men, and can be enforced on them only by terror."― Peter Kropotkin
- "But now, more and more, its society is concerned with economy and finance."― Tadao Ando