More From Herodotus
- "The worst pain a man can suffer: to have insight into much and power over nothing."
- "Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before."
- "It is clear that not in one thing alone, but in many ways equality and freedom of speech are a good thing."
More In God
- "Sometimes I do get to places just when God’s ready to have somebody click the shutter."― Ansel Adams
- "Oh, my God, my thirties blew! Forties are great."― Jennifer Aniston
- "We can’t form our children on our own concepts; we must take them and love them as God gives them to us."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe