More From Hermann Hesse
- "Happiness is a how; not a what. A talent, not an object."
- "What constitutes a real, live human being is more of a mystery than ever these days, and men each one of whom is a valuable, unique experiment on the part of nature are shot down wholesale."
- "The call of death is a call of love. Death can be sweet if we answer it in the affirmative, if we accept it as one of the great eternal forms of life and transformation."
More In Happiness
- "I refuse to accept other people’s ideas of happiness for me. As if there’s a ‘one size fits all’ standard for happiness."― Kanye West
- "Remember that happiness is as contagious as gloom. It should be the first duty of those who are happy to let others know of their gladness."― Maurice Maeterlinck
- "Leibniz dedicated his life to efforts to educate people to understand that true happiness is found by locating their identity in benefitting mankind and their posterity."― Robert Trout