More From Hermann Hesse
- "People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."
- "I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value."
- "Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, be fortified by it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it."
More In Happiness
- "Offspring, the due performance on religious rites, faithful service, highest conjugal happiness and heavenly bliss for the ancestors and oneself, depend on one’s wife alone."― Guru Nanak
- "Wisdom is a sacred communion."― Victor Hugo
- "The happiness of one’s own heart alone cannot satisfy the soul; one must try to include, as necessary to one’s own happiness, the happiness of others."― Paramahansa Yogananda