More From Herman Melville
- "Let us speak, though we show all our faults and weaknesses, – for it is a sign of strength to be weak, to know it, and out with it – not in a set way and ostentatiously, though, but incidentally and without premeditation."
- "We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men."
- "Friendship at first sight, like love at first sight, is said to be the only truth."
More In Hope
- "That’s the way both they and I travel sometimes. Pick road at random, and when it’s time to pull over, you pull over and hope you can find a place to crash."― Jello Biafra
- "Pity the selfishness of lovers: it is brief, a forlorn hope; it is impossible."― Elizabeth Bowen
- "We had great faith that with patience, understanding, and education, that my family and I could be helpful in changing their minds and attitudes around."― Ryan White