More From Herman Melville
- "Faith, like a jackal, feeds among the tombs, and even from these dead doubts she gathers her most vital hope."
- "In this world, shipmates, sin that pays its way can travel freely, and without passport; whereas Virtue, if a pauper, is stopped at all frontiers."
- "Old age is always wakeful; as if, the longer linked with life, the less man has to do with aught that looks like death."
More In Art
- "Education is the art of making man ethical."― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
- "You have to master not only the art of listening to your head, you must also master listening to your heart and listening to your gut."― Carly Fiorina
- "The guys in my band are great-we watch movies, we eat pizza, take walks, read books. Everybody has a really great sense of humor. And my boyfriend comes and visits me on the road."― Lisa Loeb