More From Herbert Spencer
- "Those who have never entered upon scientific pursuits know not a tithe of the poetry by which they are surrounded."
- "Objects we ardently pursue bring little happiness when gained; most of our pleasures come from unexpected sources."
- "The preservation of health is a duty. Few seem conscious that there is such a thing as physical morality."
More In Science
- "I’ve worked so hard to eliminate the inner geek from my life. I suddenly realize I have no patience for those people who still have their geeks showing. Now I see why being ‘normal’ has been so important to me."― Kenny Loggins
- "I’m no actor. And I wasn’t like George Lucas or Spielberg, making home movies as a teenager, either. But I would go back and watch certain movies again and again. By the time I saw ‘The Graduate’ I was aware of how these amazing stories could be told."― Nancy Meyers
- "Enough people have now mentioned Bill Nye the Science Guy to me that I now desperately avoid it all costs."― Alton Brown