More From Herbert Hoover
- "It is a paradox that every dictator has climbed to power on the ladder of free speech. Immediately on attaining power each dictator has suppressed all free speech except his own."
- "It is the youth who must inherit the tribulation, the sorrow… that are the aftermath of war."
- "No greater nor more affectionate honor can be conferred on an American than to have a public school named after him."
More In Great
- "The little may contrast with the great, in painting, but cannot be said to be contrary to it. Oppositions of colors contrast; but there are also colors contrary to each other, that is, which produce an ill effect because they shock the eye when brought very near it."― Voltaire
- "The megalomaniac differs from the narcissist by the fact that he wishes to be powerful rather than charming, and seeks to be feared rather than loved. To this type belong many lunatics and most of the great men of history."― Bertrand Russell
- "Where is this great love for rock and roll that existed for 50 or 60 years?"― Billy Corgan