More From Henry Ward Beecher
- "God asks no man whether he will accept life. That is not the choice. You must take it. The only choice is how."
- "Love cannot endure indifference. It needs to be wanted. Like a lamp, it needs to be fed out of the oil of another’s heart, or its flame burns low."
- "There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child."
More In God
- "In almost everything that touches our everyday life on earth, God is pleased when we’re pleased. He wills that we be as free as birds to soar and sing our maker’s praise without anxiety."― Aiden Wilson Tozer
- "I’m Jewish. I don’t work out. If God had wanted us to bend over, He would have put diamonds on the floor."― Joan Rivers
- "Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there’s a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan."― Charles Stanley