More From Henry Ward Beecher
- "Mirth is the sweet wine of human life. It should be offered sparkling with zestful life unto God."
- "What we call wisdom is the result of all the wisdom of past ages. Our best institutions are like young trees growing upon the roots of the old trunks that have crumbled away."
- "No matter what looms ahead, if you can eat today, enjoy today, mix good cheer with friends today enjoy it and bless God for it."
More In Nature
- "A desire to resist oppression is implanted in the nature of man."― Tacitus
- "Americans are apocalyptic by nature. The reason why is that we’ve always had so much, so we live in deadly fear that people are going to take it away from us."― Stephen King
- "A poem need not have a meaning and like most things in nature often does not have."― Wallace Stevens