More From Henry Ward Beecher
- "The advertisements in a newspaper are more full knowledge in respect to what is going on in a state or community than the editorial columns are."
- "In this world it is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."
- "I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note – torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one."
More In Nature
- "There is an urgent need for a radical revision of our current concepts of the nature of consciousness and its relationship to matter and the brain."― Stanislav Grof
- "Nature… is nothing but the inner voice of self-interest."― Charles Baudelaire
- "If we can find God only as he is revealed in nature we have no moral God."― Reinhold Niebuhr