More From Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "For his heart was in his work, and the heart giveth grace unto every art."
- "It is difficult to know at what moment love begins; it is less difficult to know that it has begun."
- "Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing, only a signal shown, and a distant voice in the darkness; So on the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another, only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence."
More In Sympathy
- "I have nothing but sympathy for the people who are forced to work with me. I’m better now at picking out those that want to play that game with me, and those that don’t."― Alton Brown
- "Sympathy is something that shouldn’t be bestowed upon the Yankees. Apparently it angers them."― Bob Feller
- "If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married."― Katharine Hepburn