More From Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "The strength of criticism lies in the weakness of the thing criticized."
- "For his heart was in his work, and the heart giveth grace unto every art."
- "Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing, only a signal shown, and a distant voice in the darkness; So on the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another, only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence."
More In Sympathy
- "Almost all of our sorrows spring out of our relations with other people."― Arthur Schopenhauer
- "I think we were raised in a nice Texas Jewish family where education was the most important thing, and close behind that was the arts. It was emphasized and expected that we’d play piano."― Lisa Loeb
- "We had two rules growing up in my house: If you’re going to take a shower, do it with whomever you’re dating so you don’t waste water; and if you buy one for yourself, buy six, because everybody’s going to want one."― Moon Unit Zappa