More From Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "Intelligence and courtesy not always are combined; Often in a wooden house a golden room we find."
- "The life of a man consists not in seeing visions and in dreaming dreams, but in active charity and in willing service."
- "Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed To have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads."
More In Success
- "Success takes us to the top and away from those we love."― Wynonna Judd
- "If God has made the world a perfect mechanism, He has at least conceded so much to our imperfect intellect that in order to predict little parts of it, we need not solve innumerable differential equations, but can use dice with fair success."― Max Born
- "It’s the quality of the ordinary, the straight, the square, that accounts for the great stability and success of our nation. It’s a quality to be proud of. But it’s a quality that many people seem to have neglected."― Gerald R. Ford