More From Henry Miller
- "The real leader has no need to lead – he is content to point the way."
- "In the attempt to defeat death man has been inevitably obliged to defeat life, for the two are inextricably related. Life moves on to death, and to deny one is to deny the other."
- "When one is trying to do something beyond his known powers it is useless to seek the approval of friends. Friends are at their best in moments of defeat."
More In Life
- "The essence of life is statistical improbability on a colossal scale."― Richard Dawkins
- "Life has a higher end, than to be amused."― William Ellery Channing
- "Choice of attention – to pay attention to this and ignore that – is to the inner life what choice of action is to the outer. In both cases, a man is responsible for his choice and must accept the consequences, whatever they may be."― W. H. Auden