More From Henry Miller
- "The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware."
- "Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music – the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself."
- "Back of every creation, supporting it like an arch, is faith. Enthusiasm is nothing: it comes and goes. But if one believes, then miracles occur."
More In Experience
- "Labels don’t mean anything to me. I’m trying to play as passionately as I’m able to. If they want to call that cool, that’s fine. Just spell the name right, is the formula."― Lee Konitz
- "About astrology and palmistry: they are good because they make people vivid and full of possibilities. They are communism at its best. Everybody has a birthday and almost everybody has a palm."― Kurt Vonnegut
- "Just as the wave cannot exist for itself, but is ever a part of the heaving surface of the ocean, so must I never live my life for itself, but always in the experience which is going on around me."― Albert Schweitzer