More From Henry Louis Gates
- "My father and I made genetics history. We were the first African-Americans and the first father and son anywhere to have their genomes sequenced."
- "Censorship is to art as lynching is to justice."
- "People who own property feel a sense of ownership in their future and their society. They study, save, work, strive and vote. And people trapped in a culture of tenancy do not."
More In Family
- "There’s no greater way to gain an audience’s sympathy than by being unfortunate."― Seth Green
- "Finding that balance between work and family is the hardest thing I’ve ever done – by far."― Gwen Stefani
- "When families are strong and stable, so are children – showing higher levels of wellbeing and more positive outcomes. But when things go wrong – either through family breakdown or a damaged parental relationship – the impact on a child’s later life can be devastating."― Iain Duncan Smith