More From Henry L. Stimson
- "After I had gone through this matter with the President I told him of my condition of health and that my doctors felt that I must take a complete rest and that I thought that that meant leaving the Department finally in a short time."
- "We had news this morning of another successful atomic bomb being dropped on Nagasaki. These two heavy blows have fallen in quick succession upon the Japanese and there will be quite a little space before we intend to drop another."
- "Russia will occupy most of the good food lands of central Europe while we have the industrial portions. We must find some way of persuading Russia to play ball."
More In Trust
- "The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself."― Mark Caine
- "Bronagh looks after the kids and without her the family would disintegrate… there are some things you can’t discuss with anyone other than your wife. There has to be a strong bond of trust."― John Key
- "As far as I’m concerned, the entire reason for becoming a writer is not having to get up in the morning."― Neil Gaiman