More From Henry James
- "I think I don’t regret a single ‘excess’ of my responsive youth – I only regret, in my chilled age, certain occasions and possibilities I didn’t embrace."
- "It takes an endless amount of history to make even a little tradition."
- "Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind."
More In Art
- "The moment you cheat for the sake of beauty, you know you’re an artist."― David Hockney
- "Any authentic work of art must start an argument between the artist and his audience."― Rebecca West
- "So long as the system of competition in the production and exchange of the means of life goes on, the degradation of the arts will go on; and if that system is to last for ever, then art is doomed, and will surely die; that is to say, civilization will die."― William Morris