More From Henry James
- "It is art that makes life, makes interest, makes importance… and I know of no substitute whatever for the force and beauty of its process."
- "The only success worth one’s powder was success in the line of one’s idiosyncrasy… what was talent but the art of being completely whatever one happened to be?"
- "Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind."
More In Art
- "The artist who aims at perfection in everything achieves it in nothing."― Eugene Delacroix
- "Being a former dancer, classical dancer, it informed me as a human being just in terms of the grace I guess. Ballet is a very graceful form of art. You also become very aware of your body and your mind and your body is working in conjunction. That kind of helps you in acting as well. It’s not only using your mind, it’s like making your mind communicate this character into your body so that you can bring it to life and physicalize it."― Zoe Saldana
- "Any work that aspires, however humbly, to the condition of art should carry its justification in every line."― Joseph Conrad