More From Henry James
- "We work in the dark – we do what we can – we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- "Experience is never limited, and it is never complete; it is an immense sensibility, a kind of huge spider-web of the finest silken threads suspended in the chamber of consciousness, and catching every air-borne particle in its tissue."
- "The face of nature and civilization in this our country is to a certain point a very sufficient literary field. But it will yield its secrets only to a really grasping imagination. To write well and worthily of American things one need even more than elsewhere to be a master."
More In Success
- "For example, the equivalent of a woman being treated as a sex object is a man being treated as a success object."― Warren Farrell
- "We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don’t like?"― Jean Cocteau
- "I want to make sure I continue to make good music that my mom and everybody around me can be proud of."― Ruben Studdard