More From Henry James
- "The face of nature and civilization in this our country is to a certain point a very sufficient literary field. But it will yield its secrets only to a really grasping imagination. To write well and worthily of American things one need even more than elsewhere to be a master."
- "Life is a predicament which precedes death."
- "I think I don’t regret a single ‘excess’ of my responsive youth – I only regret, in my chilled age, certain occasions and possibilities I didn’t embrace."
More In Success
- "No man can be a failure if he thinks he’s a success; If he thinks he is a winner, then he is."― Robert W. Service
- "The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."― Vince Lombardi
- "I feel like I was the only person who was capable of making this type of music in this type of way. I don’t rap like nobody, I don’t try to sound like nobody."― Mos Def