More From Henry James
- "Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind."
- "Money’s a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet."
- "The only success worth one’s powder was success in the line of one’s idiosyncrasy… what was talent but the art of being completely whatever one happened to be?"
More In History
- "When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments; tenderness for what he is, and respect for what he may become."― Louis Pasteur
- "What you have now is a Hollywood that is pure poison. Hollywood was a central place in the history of art in the 20th century: it was human idealism preserved. And then, like any great place, it collapsed, and it collapsed into the most awful machinery in the world."― Emir Kusturica
- "De Sade is the one completely consistent and thoroughgoing revolutionary of history."― Aldous Huxley