More From Henry James
- "Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind."
- "The face of nature and civilization in this our country is to a certain point a very sufficient literary field. But it will yield its secrets only to a really grasping imagination. To write well and worthily of American things one need even more than elsewhere to be a master."
- "It takes an endless amount of history to make even a little tradition."
More In Art
- "The forties, seventies, and the nineties, when money was scarce, were great periods, when the art world retracted but it was also reborn."― Jerry Saltz
- "The beauty one can find in art is one of the pitifully few real and lasting products of human endeavor."― Paul Getty
- "I wanted to make a traditional record that had a lot of art and showed my vulnerable side and showed things I’m passionate about."― Joe Nichols