More From Henry James
- "I adore adverbs; they are the only qualifications I really much respect."
- "The only success worth one’s powder was success in the line of one’s idiosyncrasy… what was talent but the art of being completely whatever one happened to be?"
- "We work in the dark – we do what we can – we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
More In Art
- "Can space break? I mean the space of art galleries. Over the past 100 years, art galleries have gone from looking like Beaux Arts salons to simple storefronts to industrial lofts to the gleaming giant white cubes of Chelsea with their shiny concrete floors."― Jerry Saltz
- "It is Homer who has chiefly taught other poets the art of telling lies skillfully."― Aristotle
- "I’m not strictly vegetarian, but meat doesn’t play a big part in my diet."― Katie Holmes