More From Henry James
- "The face of nature and civilization in this our country is to a certain point a very sufficient literary field. But it will yield its secrets only to a really grasping imagination. To write well and worthily of American things one need even more than elsewhere to be a master."
- "A man who pretends to understand women is bad manners. For him to really to understand them is bad morals."
- "The only success worth one’s powder was success in the line of one’s idiosyncrasy… what was talent but the art of being completely whatever one happened to be?"
More In Beauty
- "Without realizing it, the individual composes his life according to the laws of beauty even in times of greatest distress."― Milan Kundera
- "Beauty, to me is about being comfortable in your own skin."― Gwyneth Paltrow
- "Everyday life is like programming, I guess. If you love something you can put beauty into it."― Donald Knuth