More From Henry James
- "I think I don’t regret a single ‘excess’ of my responsive youth – I only regret, in my chilled age, certain occasions and possibilities I didn’t embrace."
- "I adore adverbs; they are the only qualifications I really much respect."
- "It is art that makes life, makes interest, makes importance… and I know of no substitute whatever for the force and beauty of its process."
More In Beauty
- "As an inspiration to the author, I do not think the cat can be over-estimated. He suggests so much grace, power, beauty, motion, mysticism. I do not wonder that many writers love cats; I am only surprised that all do not."― Carl Van Vechten
- "I cannot go to Montreal without going to Beauty’s, my favorite place for breakfast, where I have the Mish-Mash omelet with hot dogs, salami, eggs, green peppers, and onions, and the best banana bread in the world. It’s legendary!"― Gail Simmons
- "I’m not ugly, but my beauty is a total creation."― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel