More From Henry James
- "Life is a predicament which precedes death."
- "The only success worth one’s powder was success in the line of one’s idiosyncrasy… what was talent but the art of being completely whatever one happened to be?"
- "We work in the dark – we do what we can – we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
More In Experience
- "The act of birth is the first experience of anxiety, and thus the source and prototype of the affect of anxiety."― Sigmund Freud
- "When I was 27 years old, I organized legal aid clinics to help low-income seniors. It was a life-altering experience."― Ron Wyden
- "If you want to run, run a mile. If you want to experience a different life, run a marathon."― Emil Zatopek