More From Henry James
- "We work in the dark – we do what we can – we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- "I think I don’t regret a single ‘excess’ of my responsive youth – I only regret, in my chilled age, certain occasions and possibilities I didn’t embrace."
- "In art economy is always beauty."
More In Experience
- "The perfect date for me would be staying at home, making a big picnic in bed, eating Wotsits and cookies while watching cable TV."― Kim Kardashian
- "We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon."― Emil Zatopek
- "The statesman’s duty is to bridge the gap between his nation’s experience and his vision."― Henry A. Kissinger