More From Henry James
- "I adore adverbs; they are the only qualifications I really much respect."
- "Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind."
- "It is art that makes life, makes interest, makes importance… and I know of no substitute whatever for the force and beauty of its process."
More In Women
- "Right now, I don’t have the same urges as other women when they see a baby. When I see children, I see responsibilities, which I don’t think I’m quite ready for. I feel the same about puppies. They’re cute for a second, but there’s a lot of responsibility involved."― Gabrielle Union
- "A book is a fragile creature, it suffers the wear of time, it fears rodents, the elements and clumsy hands. so the librarian protects the books not only against mankind but also against nature and devotes his life to this war with the forces of oblivion."― Umberto Eco
- "Feminism is a word that I identify with. The term has become synonymous with vitriolic man-hating but it needs to come back to a place where both men and women can embrace it. It is particularly important for women in developing countries."― Annie Lennox