More From Henry David Thoreau
- "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
- "Dreams are the touchstones of our character."
- "Men have become the tools of their tools."
More In Music
- "The thing with Disney songs is they’re very manipulative, very sentimental, but they do get you, you know – there’s a kind of sadness to them and that kind of music doesn’t really exist any more."― Jarvis Cocker
- "In rare cases, I’ve had music before I shot the movie. I think that for ‘Good Will Hunting’ I had an Elliot Smith record or a couple of them and I just somehow felt like the sound had something to it that reminded me of the story. So in that case there was music beforehand."― Gus Van Sant
- "Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell."― W. H. Auden