More From Henry David Thoreau
- "Every creature is better alive than dead, men and moose and pine trees, and he who understands it aright will rather preserve its life than destroy it."
- "Great men, unknown to their generation, have their fame among the great who have preceded them, and all true worldly fame subsides from their high estimate beyond the stars."
- "Men are born to succeed, not to fail."
More In Design
- "I’m opinionated. I always stick to my design plan. I don’t waver."― Douglas Wilson
- "Although a soldier by profession, I have never felt any sort of fondness for war, and I have never advocated it, except as a means of peace."― Ulysses S. Grant
- "I can design a collection in a day and I always do, cause I’ve always got a load of Italians on my back, moaning that it’s late."― Alexander McQueen