More From Henry David Thoreau
- "There is no value in life except what you choose to place upon it and no happiness in any place except what you bring to it yourself."
- "As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness."
- "I think that there is nothing, not even crime, more opposed to poetry, to philosophy, ay, to life itself than this incessant business."
More In Great
- "Leadership is getting players to believe in you. If you tell a teammate you’re ready to play as tough as you’re able to, you’d better go out there and do it. Players will see right through a phony. And they can tell when you’re not giving it all you’ve got."― Larry Bird
- "I had spent some time in the outback, but to meet Aboriginals and work with them was wonderful. It gave me a great appreciation of how tough life is and about the indomitable spirit that the Aboriginal people have always possessed."― Hugh Jackman
- "Me and my partner, Conway Twitty, cleaned up at the 1972 Country Music Association Awards."― Loretta Lynn