More From Henry Adams
- "Everyone carries his own inch rule of taste, and amuses himself by applying it, triumphantly, wherever he travels."
- "At best, the renewal of broken relations is a nervous matter."
- "I am an anarchist in politics and an impressionist in art as well as a symbolist in literature. Not that I understand what these terms mean, but I take them to be all merely synonyms of pessimist."
More In Friendship
- "A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down."― Arnold H. Glasow
- "The only way to have a friend is to be one."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "True happiness arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one’s self, and in the next, from the friendship and conversation of a few select companions."― Joseph Addison