More From Henry Adams
- "No man likes to have his intelligence or good faith questioned, especially if he has doubts about it himself."
- "The effect of power and publicity on all men is the aggravation of self, a sort of tumor that ends by killing the victim’s sympathies."
- "The press is the hired agent of a monied system, and set up for no other purpose than to tell lies where their interests are involved. One can trust nobody and nothing."
More In History
- "In Thailand’s history there have been dissensions from time to time, but in general, unity has prevailed."― Bhumibol Adulyadej
- "My father and I made genetics history. We were the first African-Americans and the first father and son anywhere to have their genomes sequenced."― Henry Louis Gates
- "A young imagination is bold, likes to make bigger leaps. It likes to, well, imagine that the dustbuster is a dinosaur; that the computer mouse is a hotrod; that the box is a cave; that the rawhide is a torch… or a baton… or something."― Mo Rocca