More From Henry A. Wallace
- "A liberal knows that the only certainty in this life is change but believes that the change can be directed toward a constructive end."
- "Fascism is a worldwide disease. Its greatest threat to the United States will come after the war, either via Latin America or within the United States itself."
- "What we must understand is that the industries, processes, and inventions created by modern science can be used either to subjugate or liberate. The choice is up to us."
More In Freedom
- "Really big people are, above everything else, courteous, considerate and generous – not just to some people in some circumstances – but to everyone all the time."― Thomas J. Watson
- "Human beings the world over need freedom and security that they may be able to realize their full potential."― Aung San Suu Kyi
- "You cannot parcel out freedom in pieces because freedom is all or nothing."― Tertullian