More From Henri Poincare
- "Science is built up of facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house."
- "The mind uses its faculty for creativity only when experience forces it to do so."
- "The scientist does not study nature because it is useful; he studies it because he delights in it, and he delights in it because it is beautiful."
More In History
- "The history of America is to expand civil liberties in a responsible and civil manner. We need to remember that our wonderful Democracy with its freedoms has been working."― James McGreevey
- "For me, I am left leaning when it comes to health and education, on the right when it comes to defense. So I don’t know where I come on the political spectrum. And I think this the challenge that a lot of Jordanians have to deal with."― King Abdullah II
- "Although… the Chief Magistrate must almost of necessity be chosen by a party and stand pledged to its principles and measures, yet in his official action he should not be the President of a party only, but of the whole people of the United States."― James K. Polk