More From Henri Poincare
- "The scientist does not study nature because it is useful; he studies it because he delights in it, and he delights in it because it is beautiful."
- "Science is built up of facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house."
- "Science is facts."
More In History
- "The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil."― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "If I didn’t have a front-row seat on history, it was at least a seat on the aisle."― Dan Rather
- "Of course, nobody would deny the importance of human beings for theological thinking, but the time span of history that theologians think about is a few thousand years of human culture rather than the fifteen billion years of the history of the universe."― John Polkinghorne