More From Henri Frederic Amiel
- "To know how to suggest is the great art of teaching. To attain it we must be able to guess what will interest; we must learn to read the childish soul as we might a piece of music. Then, by simply changing the key, we keep up the attraction and vary the song."
- "Uncertainty is the refuge of hope."
- "Woman is the salvation or the destruction of the family. She carries its destiny in the folds of her mantle."
More In Good
- "Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different."― Katherine Mansfield
- "If there were no bad people, there would be no good lawyers."― Charles Dickens
- "In politics there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers, and then there are those like John McCain who use their careers to promote change."― Sarah Palin