More From Henri Frederic Amiel
- "Common sense is the measure of the possible; it is composed of experience and prevision; it is calculation applied to life."
- "Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts."
- "Everything you need for better future and success has already been written. And guess what? All you have to do is go to the library."
More In Good
- "I’ve learnt that through life you just get on with it. You’re going to meet a lot of dishonest people along the line and you say good luck to them. I hope they live in comfort. Then I start sticking more pins in their effigies."― Roger Moore
- "Compromise makes a good umbrella, but a poor roof; it is temporary expedient, often wise in party politics, almost sure to be unwise in statesmanship."― James Russell Lowell
- "An unfortunate thing about this world is that the good habits are much easier to give up than the bad ones."― W. Somerset Maugham