More From Henri Frederic Amiel
- "It is by teaching that we teach ourselves, by relating that we observe, by affirming that we examine, by showing that we look, by writing that we think, by pumping that we draw water into the well."
- "Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind."
- "Woman is the salvation or the destruction of the family. She carries its destiny in the folds of her mantle."
More In Good
- "I’m a big believer in that if you focus on good skin care, you really won’t need a lot of makeup."― Demi Moore
- "If you could utilize the resources of the end users’ computers, you could do things much more efficiently."― Niklas Zennstrom
- "The really good idea is always traceable back quite a long way, often to a not very good idea which sparked off another idea that was only slightly better, which somebody else misunderstood in such a way that they then said something which was really rather interesting."― John Cleese