More From Helen Rowland
- "A woman’s flattery may inflate a man’s head a little; but her criticism goes straight to his heart, and contracts it so that it can never again hold quite as much love for her."
- "To be happy with a man you must understand him a lot and love him a little. To be happy with a woman you must love her a lot and not try to understand her at all."
- "Nowadays love is a matter of chance, matrimony a matter of money and divorce a matter of course."
More In Women
- "My advice to the women of America is to raise more hell and fewer dahlias."― William Allen White
- "I mean, any time an actress gets to work with another actress, it’s like, ‘Oh, there are two of us in a movie! How are you? Let’s sit in the hair chair together!’ We’re lonely women."― Jennifer Garner
- "I want people to be afraid of the women I dress."― Alexander McQueen