More From Helen Hayes
- "From your parents you learn love and laughter and how to put one foot before the other. But when books are opened you discover that you have wings."
- "Every human being on this earth is born with a tragedy, and it isn’t original sin. He’s born with the tragedy that he has to grow up… a lot of people don’t have the courage to do it."
- "Mere longevity is a good thing for those who watch Life from the side lines. For those who play the game, an hour may be a year, a single day’s work an achievement for eternity."
More In Morning
- "The greatest job I ever had was working on my family farm. Each morning my father would come into my bedroom around 4:30 am and command me to get up and work the fields. I would spend the next two hours before school slopping pigs and cropping tobacco."― Armstrong Williams
- "The present moment is nice but it does not last. Living in it is like waiting in a junction town for the morning limited; the junction may be interesting but some day you will have to leave it and you do not know where the limited will take you."― Bruce Catton
- "Well… Actually I got picked because I was the only one who fit the wedding gown – they had my size."― Kevin McDonald