More From Helen Hayes
- "From your parents you learn love and laughter and how to put one foot before the other. But when books are opened you discover that you have wings."
- "Mere longevity is a good thing for those who watch Life from the side lines. For those who play the game, an hour may be a year, a single day’s work an achievement for eternity."
- "Age is not important unless you’re a cheese."
More In Love
- "When a man is in love, he doubts, very often, what he most firmly believes."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "As a relatively young woman – I’m 33 – I hope to one day have a family and already have commitments. If and when I’m elected as an MP, I would face a choice: take my family with me to London each week or be apart for four, maybe five, nights a week."― Lucy Powell
- "I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness and the willingness to remain vulnerable."― Anne Morrow Lindbergh