More From Helen Hayes
- "The truth is that there is only one terminal dignity – love. And the story of a love is not important – what is important is that one is capable of love. It is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity."
- "Mere longevity is a good thing for those who watch Life from the side lines. For those who play the game, an hour may be a year, a single day’s work an achievement for eternity."
- "From your parents you learn love and laughter and how to put one foot before the other. But when books are opened you discover that you have wings."
More In Good
- "Show interest in all people, not just those from whom you want something. Making people feel important and good about themselves is just the right thing to do."― Bo Bennett
- "They’re only truly great who are truly good."― George Chapman
- "Honesty and integrity are absolutely essential for success in life – all areas of life. The really good news is that anyone can develop both honesty and integrity."― Zig Ziglar